We love a burger at Clubnomnomnom, but when you eat one that is made properly, it is on another level to the ones you buy in the super market. In this post we have endeavoured to find you the best burger recipe. But, burgers are so versatile there are so many options. Therefore, we have put together some great options for your next burger fix or barbecue.
In each tab below, we have put what we believe to be best burger recipe for the best burger recipes for different types of burger. Then we will get on to the buns and what else you can put on your burger.
This is probably the best burger recipe for the amount of effort required to make it. The breadcrumbs and egg act as a binding agent, to stop them falling apart. Feel free to experiment with swapping the breadcrumbs for smashed up cheese biscuits.
Serves: 6. Cook Time: 40 minutes
- A handfuls of breadcrumbs
- 8 sprigs of fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 500 g quality minced beef
- 2 heaped tablespoons Dijon mustard , optional
- 1 large free-range egg
- olive oil
- Worcestershire sauce
- Put the breadcrumbs into a large bowl.
- Finely chop the parsley, then add to the bowl with the mustard (if using), and the minced beef.
- Crack the egg into the bowl, then add a good pinch of sea salt and black pepper and a dash of Worcestershire sauce.
- Mix everything up with your hands. Divide into 6 and pat and mould each piece into a burger shape, roughly 2cm thick.
- Place the burgers onto a plate, drizzle with oil, then cover and place in the fridge until needed – this will help to firm them up.
- To cook the burgers, preheat a large griddle or frying pan for 4 minutes on a high heat, then turn the heat down to medium. Alternatively, put them on the barbecue.
- Place the burgers on the griddle or into the pan, then use a spatula to lightly press them down, making sure the burger is in full contact with the pan.
- Cook the burgers for 3 or 4 minutes on each side, depending on how you like them
It is surprising how nice a turkey burger is. This recipe is very easy to make and can be cooked in the oven, frying pan or on the barbecue.
- In a large bowl, mix ground turkey, seasoned bread crumbs, onion, egg whites, parsley, garlic, salt, and pepper. Form into 12 patties.
- Cook the patties in a medium skillet over medium heat, turning once, to an internal temperature 85 degrees C.
Cooking time: 25 to 30 minutes. Serves: 2
- 1 sweet potato(about 200g), cut into cubes
- 400g can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- small bunch of coriander, chopped
- 1 tbsp chipotle paste
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
Microwave the sweet potato on High for 6 mins until tender. Lightly mash the beans in a bowl, then add the potatoes, 2 spring onions, coriander, chipotle paste and seasoning. Mash a little more until the potato is combined. Shape into 4 burgers.
Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan, then fry the for 4-5 mins each side.
You can also make a fresh tasting citrus salad to accompany this burger.
Simply mix 2 tablespoons of mayo, the juice of one lime and some seasoning in a bowl. Then add a chopped spring onion, one torn little Gem lettuce, ½ a halved and sliced cucumber, one sliced carrot. Toss it all together and serve alongside.
It is obviously very easy to buy burger buns. However, we have found a super easy and quick way to make your own. In the video below you can learn how to make proper brioche style burger buns
Customising the Best Burger Recipe
You may want to make your burger a bit more interesting, and there are many ways to do this.
Putting a slice of your favourite cheese on to a burger is always good, but you can go a step further. Stuffing your burger with cheese lets the gooey cheesy goodness ooze out of the burger when you bite in to it. Chedder, blue cheese or even chilli infused cheese would taste great. Check out the video below.
Stuffed Bacon Burgers
You can also modify the best burger recipe to include a super tasty bacon and onion mix.
To do this, fry up some chopped bacon with some onion. Then sandwich the mix between two burgers before cooking them. Make sure to seal them together properly, so the bacon mix doesn’t fall out.
This would taste amazing with a good barbecue sauce.